Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Pooh

No, I'm not talking about the lovely, adorable little bear who hangs out with a depressed donkey and hyperactive tiger. I'm talking about the stuff that we spend years getting our kids to put out of sight without our help.

Hubby hates this topic and anything to do with it so if you are in his camp, skip the next paragraph.

I think I've seen enough poorly placed poo in the last two days to last me a lifetime. I've spent 30 minutes in a public bathroom with one cooperative, but messy two year old and one shouting little one year old; I spent 20 minutes upstairs today with the same combo but roles reversed. Then I spent 10 minutes cleaning the carpet and keeping Percy out of the cleaner. And to top it all off, I stripped my wet little girl down (big girl pants wet) only to find they were DRY and she'd only sat in water! I need a potty vacation.

There, I've got it out of my system for now. On to more fun stuff. Yesterday was a bit of a challenging day for us. We went to Bible study (about 30 minutes away), but when we got there, found it had been cancelled. When this has happened before, we just go to the local park and have some fun time before going to Auntie C's house to play with the cousins. Yesterday, it was raining! So, clever mom that I am, I decided to head to the nearest mall (they often have children's play areas here in Oz). After trundling everyone out and around, I finally found the play area. The verdict - "no play in there, mommy". Too many people with the same idea and it was a bit overwhelming. Today we're planning to do something no little girl can refuse - swim. Hopefully, all this activity will wear both cherubs out and naps will not be an issue. Cutie is trying another nap strike. Mom has successfully defending herself against one about 6 months ago. We'll see how this one goes.

Hubby and I are doing pretty well. We're feeling in the home stretch with this term at college, but our holiday doesn't look like it's going to be much of a rest. Still, we're looking forward to visiting old friends and having different sort of activities than normal before going back to the grindstone.

2 comments:

michelle said...

30 minutes in a public toilet? That's about 29 minutes more than you would have liked, isn't it?
Poor you.
I can hardly remember potty training, must have repressed it.
Willwe see you guys in the holidays? (and how annoying about your Bible study!)

overthere said...

Oh, yeah, we could and would love to stop by and see you. I'll email with details. Fortunately, the public toilet was at least a parent's room, but still . . .
Don't worry about repressed memories. I'm sure it will all come back to haunt you in about a year or so!