Monday, May 08, 2006

The "no" way

Cutie has a new "phrase". She now declares to all who will listen (and mostly mom or dad), "no . . .". This actually means I don't want to, but in its current form, it comes out very interesting, indeed. Last night on the way home from church, she looked at me and said "no sun go down". Now I don't know about you, but the last time I checked, we don't have quite that much control over our environment. In the world of a two year old, mom and dad can fix it all.

Percy had a day of protest yesterday. Protest against his green beans (the veritable vegetable of death), protest against napping, protest against waking up, protest that there's no more milk (and probably never will be again!). Fortunately, today is a happier and better day.

Two days ago, I decided to offer some eggplant to Percy. Now Percy is a bit finicky. Not only does he hate green beans, but potato, oatmeal, and rice are only tolerable as far as he's concerned. And then only when diluted with better choices. But eggplant? What kid likes eggplant? Apparently my finicky little boy, for one. He gobbled it up and now it is an excellent vegetable to mix with the hated protein product - meat.

3 comments:

michelle said...

"no sun go down"! Love it! Dutie is so cute! I really like that stage of talking. It is very quoteable.
As for Percy, is it all meat he desn't like? Topsy is into eating by himself at present, which is incredibly messy. He likes most food, except for any Heinz that is lumpy.
But spagetti, rice and other pasta that I make goes right down the hatch
Oh and regarding your comment (RYC!), I answered it on my blog

overthere said...

Percy doesn't like much of anything new which is why I was so stunned about the eggplant. He usually screws up his face like I'm killing him any time I introduce something new. And he'll have nothing to do with feeding himself anything. I keep putting food (like rice cakes) into his hand, but he just sits and looks at them intently from every angle then gets bored. I have recently succeeded in teaching him to use/suck on his tooth brush. Maybe there's hope.

It's gotten good, though. I'm enjoying things now that Percy has a bit of a schedule. He does SO much better that way. He's a man of routine.

michelle said...

He is SO adorable!! I love how you write about your kids!