Thursday, May 11, 2006

games

Percy has learned to play a game - peekaboo. Now this is standard childhood fare, but it's the first time he's definitely played something with me. And this afternoon, he found falling backwards onto our mattress extremely amusing for about 15 minutes. He is an observant little guy but doesn't give you as much non-verbal feedback on what he thinks as Cutie did. That makes it all the more fun to watch him start to interact and play with us.

Cutie is very excited that Ms. L is coming tomorrow to play. She's come a few times now and they go for a walk and to the park each time so that qualifies her as a favorite person in Cutie's eyes. She's also quite adamant that if Daddy's not actually there to put her down for a sleep, he at least give her a kiss when he comes home.

Today I have been very lazy. I packed away some old kid's clothes that doesn't fit, but otherwise, I was very non-productive. I did finish reading a great book called "The bookseller of Kabul", though. I rarely pick up books because once I start them, I find it incredibly difficult to put them down. At least I'm finished now. I'll not start on my next book, "March" until I finish my study and reading for an exam I need to take in about 10 days.

Now I need to go make some more mash for Percy. That boy goes through a phenomenal amount of food and I'm forever having to make more. His current mix is eggplant, lentils, turkey and bell pepper. Yum, yum. Tonight I'm making him broccoli and sweet potato.

3 comments:

michelle said...

You are like supermama!"
I love those mixes! Tell me how you do it. Like do you just boil it up together and then mash? I am so sitting at you feet!
That is great that Percy is at the interactive play stage. It is interesting to see the different personalities of your two emerging, I'm sure.
That's why I never worried about what I was having a boy or girl), cause the intriguing thing was seeing their personality.
so Cutie is kinda a Daddy's girl, huh? Sweet.
Oh I just saw that you already have word verification set up. Good girl.

michelle said...

Oh and by the way, tell me what March is like when you are done. It is the story of the little women's dad isn't it?

overthere said...

I am no more a supermama than you. Look at your blog, look at mine. Hmm. No time to work on blogs when you're mashing dinner for hungry boys.

But, just so you know, I boil them up separately or together sometimes and then drain a bit of water if necessary and use one of those hand blenders (the milkshake thingy) to make a mash of it all. Meat is separate. I have to add water to that when I blend it or it comes out dry and grainy - not a popular menu choice at Chez Percy.

I do love watching the personality emerge as well. Some things are so similar and some things, well, they're each their own little person. The next year will be fun (and the ones after that, too, I imagine).

Cutie is daddy's little girl for sleep-times, but she gives her mommy lots of time, too. It really depends on how much time daddy has been able to spend with her as to how much of a mommy's girl she becomes.

I'll let you know about March when I'm finished (at least a few weeks from now). Yes, it's supposed to be about the girl's father and since "Little Women" was loosely based on Louisa M. Alcott's life, March is loosely based on her dad's life. The first chapter was good, but I haven't picked it up since and I dare not or I'll get nothing done in the next week.