The weekend is just fun and games to the kids, but it's been a lot of work for me. Hubby is busy studying for exams so it helps if we're quiet (ie absent!). He actually does a good job wrestling with our noise, but sometimes we all go a bit crazy in the house. Saturday was a day like that. It was raining and cold and windy. No parks, no walks, mom couldn't cope with the pool twice in a week. So we headed for the great-grandparent's house. It was all fun and games there even if Poppa had put up a security gate to keep Percy from tumbling down his favorite stairs. We had a nice chat and the kids loved the break. Maybe we have too many toys. The single box of old toys and books seems to entertain the crowds much more than what we have here.
Sunday we took a walk with grandma and grandpa that included time at a park and a new experience for Cutie - drinking from a "bubbler". That's a public water fountain for the 'merican readers. She loved the whole experience. Hubby made fun of Percy's hat, but it did keep his ears (and everything else, too) warm.
We've had a good time. Percy is eating me out of house and home so I've got to go mash some more stuff to keep him happy. Below, I've included a picture of him "reading" one of his birthday cards.
6 comments:
I just started reading your blogs and I really enjoy them. I got your link from TLPaints, but I don't know if she is a "regular" or not on your site. I have a 7 1/2 month old and he is definitely eating me out of house to home also. I am making his food and it sounds like you are as well. I really enjoy making it and think it is so fun. I also like the fact that you don't have the time to blog but a couple of times per week. I am finding myself in the same predicament. Well, have a great weekend...
xraymommy is really sweet! Same stage as us!
So you guys have to be out of the house alot at present, huh? I remember them days. :{
A sign of the times with Percy reading his cards, huh!
Well at least exams heralds up coming holidays. Yeah!
Cute pic! Its so hard keeping kids out of Daddy's hair while he's working...we've done that too and it was HARD. Good luck with his exams, and with keeping the kids occupied. Someone told me recently that they wished they could trade all their kids' toys for the river and trees that she had when growing up - although a river might be a bit ambitious for kids this little! :)
Hi to everyone. Yeah, the study thing isn't that fun, but necessary. The kids and hubby are pretty good at it, but with the rain we can't go for our usual walks to "see train" or "go shopping" or something to break the monotony. Maybe the pool again this week.
xraymommy, I read your blog and really enjoyed it. I tried to register, but I've got to get creative on a name (and it's got to be one I'll remember) so give me a bit. Good luck to your little one with the crawling. He'll get it!
Robyn, outdoors is where it's at, isn't it!
For some reason the picture was not available on the message. Wish we were there to take the kids off of your hands while you work. Pawpaw
Sorry, I got percy and cutie mixed up. They're bothe cute so I got confused :-)
Post a Comment