Thursday, September 21, 2006

blogable moments

Tuesday night we had a friend to dinner. In the middle of dinner Cutie announced she had to go potty - not an unusual occurance. I opened the door and sent her in. A few minutes later Cutie gave a progress update - "all done now". I told her to come on back into dinner, but that wasn't the instructions she needed. At the top of her voice I heard the words, "wipe my bottom mommy!" While our friend and I rolled with laughter, hubby tried to disappear into the kitchen to hide his embarrassment. We may have had a better laugh from hubby than from Cutie - but don't tell her that. She loves to be the star.
Wednesday morning hubby told Cutie to "tell mommy you love her". Cutie turned around very solemnly and with great fervor told me, "mommy, I love me." Isn't that the truth. I thanked her for her sentiments and tried not to laugh out loud. At least it wasn't the usual problem of trying not to laugh at their naughtiness.

Yesterday, I was having breakfast downstairs when I heard Cutie calling from upstairs. It seems she wanted me to "do my hair". Now I have to say, I'm not all that sure where she got those genetics from. If she wants hairstyles and makeup and things like that, she's got the wrong mother. I've already primed her Auntie S to be prepared. Auntie S is the official "primp and priss" expert in our family and she's getting all her gear set up for the next time Cutie makes a visit. Despite not being inclined that way, I am learning a few basic techniques. Cutie likes to instruct with the usual standard being "two rubber bands, lots of hair clips."
What Cutie wants isnt' always what she gets

Percy doesn't want to be forgotten and in the last few days he's made sure I know he's around. I thought he was just cranky, but after I fed him last night, his cranky mood (since he got up from his nap, mind you) suddenly disappeared. It seems the snacks and meals I've been giving him simply haven't filled the hole in his gut. I guess he's making up for lost time or something. Today I started the day by feeding him a large bowl of oatmeal (porridge) and a piece of toast. He's on round two of breakfast with daddy as we speak. I've also cut up all sorts of fruit and snacky things and whenever he gets whingy (whiny), I'm going to shove food into his little hands. Maybe if I fill up the hollow leg today, his poor body will have enough energy to sleep through the night!"

Percy and Mommy discuss the family weetbix deficit

3 comments:

michelle said...

Such gorgeous pix!!!!
You make me laugh so hard with your droll storytelling ability.
Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Lilli P here....I think Percy is just making up for lost time when he was sick!! Keep shoving that weetbix into him!!
Isn't Cutie so well, Cute!! LOved the photos of your gorgeous family.

Robyn said...

LOL, hubby had better brace himself - the inappropriate comments at the top of one's voice get more colourful once they start preschool! :)
Great photos!