Monday, September 25, 2006

Again?!

We had germs in the house again this weekend. Fortunately these germs were not as vigorous as the last ones and could be brought into submission by the judicious application of panadol. I feel we have reached epidemic proportions though because Saturday made the third social event in a row that we cancelled with SIL's family. She may think there is a conspiracy. If she can find out who's leading this campaign, I'll fire a shot across the bow. Until then we forge ahead valiently against the agressor.

Enough of that? We're actually a lot better today on all accounts. Percy has come around to mommy's way of feeding again - for the time being at least. Cutie and Percy have enjoyed the sunshine and visits to the park that we've been able to make now that illness is under control.

Bye Bye germies

Cutie has been asking to go to Sunday school all day today. Unfortunately, it is Monday. Our home "Sunday school" involved a new craft adventure for Cutie. Percy was worn out by his third illness this month and slept all morning, but Cutie needed some occupation. While hubby worked, we commenced lessons in finger painting. At this point, it mainly involves dipping fingers in different pots of paint and spreading them around in the same spot on the paper until there is a brownish sort of blob and the paper becomes soggy mush. I require all my creative talents to identify the "blob" on each and every piece of paper.

Cutie researching the artistic side of her brain

You know how those parenting books talk about bedtime routines and the need for kids to have "quiet" activities to signal bedtime? We have a new bedtime "routine" in the household. After bathtime, Cutie runs squealing down the hall and Percy gives chase - both naked. I'll leave the potential for disaster to your imagination. For the time being, luck prevails and amazingly they still go to sleep.

Hubby reminded me of one more bloggable moment. Last Sunday, Cutie had her first public performance. Her Sunday school class had learned a song to sing in church. For the preceeding month, Cutie has stood at the side with a blank stare on her face every time the group practiced. Since she's a tender 2 1/2, we didn't push and figured if she actually stood at the front for the entire song, that would be an accomplishment. Early in the week, I talked to Cutie about how fun it would be to sing, but she remained unconvinced. The big day came. The Sunday school group stepped up to the front of church. Standing as one of the masses was simply not enough for Cutie. She took up a front and center position and proceeded to perform as though her life depended on it. Motions, words, the whole lot. And she didn't even pull her dress over her head. Did her stunned and amazed parental units catch any of this on film? No, I tell you not. Convinced she would shrink in the limelight, we had failed to bring any sort of "camera" device. Now the biggest discussion at home is exactly where that tendency rose from? I have to say it's not in my genetics!

I will stop now and go back to fumigating the house. Night.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Dutie the rising star! How very bloggable! I laughed picturing it.
We have those very same fingerpaints somewhere. You are a brave Mommy, one of those types we read about who provide a varied and interactive educational program for their children. My fingerpaints, I think I must have hidden them, 'cause they are nowhere to be seen.
Yeah for Percy's great renewed eating habits, and yeah for Mommy who kept ramming the green mush diligently down his gullet till he surrendered! teehee!
Yes I know I am answering at 2:00am in the morning. Long story!

michelle said...

Oops, sorry, called Cutie Dutie accidentally! My bad!

Anonymous said...

Lilli P here.....
so cute of Cutie to sing and do all those actions! Good on her! It must have been seeing Mum sing and Dad play in church in the little old country town you used to live in!!
So sorry you had to cancel engagements because of those germs! Loved the photos too...
Now Mama C...why are you up at 2:13 am???? more croup????