Monday, August 28, 2006

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to court we go

Hubby is in court today. He likes to tell people that he's been subpeoned to appear in an assault case and then see what their response is. Hopefully this time the case will actually be tried as it's the third time hubby has been requested to come. On the postive side, he's missing a work-day at college and spending the time reading instead.

Percy and Cutie are busy being entertained by their grandparents. Percy has been flexing his muscle a bit lately in an effort to make sure I understand his opinion. He's been disappointed to find that I don't always agree with him. Fortunately, with Granny and Pawpaw around, there's always someone to soothe his bruised ego. His little tantrums may be the result of slowly improving sleep habits since he's been sick. Last night is the first time in a while that he's slept through the night - and he still woke at 5am. Since he won't take more naps in the day to catch up, this is the result.

I said I will NOT take a n. . .zzzzzzz

Despite protests to the contrary, Cutie is now the picture of health. When I made brownies yesterday, she wanted to lick everything that came close to the bowl. And if I hadn't stopped her, she would have taken the spoon and started dipping batter out for a "richer, more chocolatey experience". Nothing wrong with that appetite.

Despite appearances, she is actually less messy than last time we did this.

We did manage to make it to the beach yesterday. It was way too cold for a swim, although Cutie was willing to give it a try. Percy and Cutie had a good time "entertaining" granny and pawpaw. Percy decided seagulls were made for chasing and Cutie was fascinated with a very adept, peg-legged bird. It turns out Percy will eat solids - as long as they're deep-fried. I started feeding him the usual goo before hubby returned with our fish and chips, but as soon as he caught sight of the oil soaked bags, he would have no more of those nasty vegetables and beef mom brought.

Showing granny and pawpaw the beach

And so the activities continue . . .

5 comments:

Lillipilli said...

Oh what a lovely time you are all having...that's fantastic. I wonder if hubby is having such a good time. Sometimes court can be so boring I've heard.!
Thinking of Percy enjoying his grease- laden chips reminds me of Curly when she used to get sick when she was little, that's all she would eat! Much to my horror!Can't wait to hear more of Granny & PawPaw's news....

michelle said...

sounds like the adventures are still coming. I am so curious about the court case!!!
Where do you and Percy disagree?

Anonymous said...

Ah, court. That might be in my near future...
I have been summoned for jury duty like 5 times already and I am only 25! Poor hubby is dying to get picked and never has. Go figure. Luckily, I always get excused because I was always in school. Does it work basically the same way over there?

overthere said...

XM - I actually don't know. Since I'm not a citizen, it doesn't apply to me. We've moved to so much, I don't think they seem to find hubby. And I've never asked. Anyone else with knowledge want to enlighten us both?

overthere said...

MC - hubby witnessed an assault eons ago when he was driving home. After three goes at avoiding court, the guy finally chose not to contest the charge so hubby wasn't needed after all. (about 15 hours of time dedicated to that! and we wonder why people don't want to get involved)

Let's see. Percy and I don't agree on lots of things. Like he needs a nap or he can't walk all by himself next to the lake or he can't run down the street by himself. I know I might be a bit overprotective, but . . . :)

L - we survived off weetbix and chips for two days in Canberra (with a smattering of veggies thrown in)