When Percy is upset it's not unusual for Cutie to try to soothe him with one of her favorite songs. This is the current offering. Needless to say, we gave up on sleep and in a few minutes the whole family was in bed.
Yesterday we received mail from granny and pawpaw including a few things for the kids. Percy is a bit too young to get it, but Cutie is starting to appreciate mail. Right now, she's still happy to carry the junk mail into the house, but she was interested to see that she got a little card from granny. Cutie is a child of the computer era, though. She's just grasping the concept of snail mail, but when I get on the computer in the morning, she asks, "email?". And she likes to type her own and send them.

Emails are good, but snail mail is still pretty special - thanks granny!
Percy has learned a few skills lately. Along with walking, his brain seemed to click on a few other things. He has enjoyed his plastic "car", but now he can actually make it go. Reverse - well, that will have to wait. For now, we're working on steering.
If I pretend I don't know how to steer, I can get away with running over my sister - cool!
Today has been a potty challenge day for Cutie. She has been doing really well, but it's now 3pm and she's wearing her fourth pair of pants for the day. Why is it that she won't ask to go (or take herself, for that matter) when we're at home, but the minute we go out in public, she tells me every time?! Thank goodness for nice shop attendents as we're learning the location of toilets all over Sydney.
Well, Percy is declaring himself "not nappable" this afternoon. Bless his heart, hubby is upstairs trying to get him to settle. I guess I need to head up and send hubby back down to work on his sermon. Bye.
5 comments:
Sadly 'reverse' is the only manoevre Topsy can manage on his car!
I hope you guys are having a more settled week! What is Percy eting these days. Topsy has gone of most stuff. Mash is presented back to me quite forcefully as he scrapes it from his tongue onto his top lip and lets it drip down to his bib. Uggh! He would eat Weetabix every meal if I let him!
Cutie is such a sweetheart too and I think she is a mini you! Adorable.
I love reading your posts because they are so reassuring as I deal with the same stuff! Bub has a cold as we speak, and is completely hysterical everytime the booger sucker comes toward him. Aggg. Nice to know also that mine isn't the only one fighting diaper changes. There is a cute naked bottom crawling away from me quite often these days. Although, I am trying to not allow it or it will only get worse. Yikes! Percy is so cute with his little car. I think I need to go get bub one!
We have G&G in OK set up with your site. They should be able to get to it easily after I show them how. Gma enjoyed reading and seeing the pictures. Tell the two little ones that it will not be long yet until we play all day with them.
Pawpaw
Topsy and Percy must be communicating or something. If I mix weetbix into stuff, he'll eat almost anything. He is a proficient little spitter is Percy and he's getting pickier every day. Tonight he refused goo almost completely, then he refused bread after two pieces, then he refused orange (not until after scarfing 1 1/2 though) and then he had weetbix. The house was in relative chaos tonight so he got away with it, but not so every night!
XM: Sorry to hear your little one has a cold, too. Cutie could usually care less when she's sick, but Percy just gets so sad. Sympathy as you battle the evil runny nose. Good luck with the nappy struggle. Percy threw such a fit a few weeks ago that it took me and hubby to hold him down and get the thing on. Needless to say he went right back to bed. Anyone that cranky MUST be tired!
Pawpaw thanks for setting up grandma and grandpa so they can see what's happening here. I hope you have a fun time with them. Hello to all.
The reason she tells you she wants to go when you're out is because new toilets are interesting. It's boring going to the same old loo all the time at home. Why would you bother?
Perhaps you could start to leave surprising pictures or toys in the bathroom so she'll have things to look forward to. Or not. It all just sounds like a lot of work...
Post a Comment