Wednesday, April 26, 2006

watering grass

I was proud of us this morning. It was 9am and we were all dressed, tidy, and ready for business. I decided the grass needed to be watered. This has always been a fun time for Cutie, but as the weather cools down, an early morning soaking may not always be such a good idea. Nevertheless, she wanted to have a go with her garden hose. For a while all was well, then a little yelp of surprise and I looked over to find water trickling off her face. From there, she proceeded to water her feet (yes, I had the foresight to at least remove her shoes). Surprise, surprise, she complained of the cold. After stripping down to nothing, she went inside and got her blanket. All was well.

Meantime, Percy found the bucket that catches the drips from the tap. By the time I found him, his slippers were soaked and a good part of his lower body was heading that way, too. I removed him from the area, but not to be outdone by his sister, he crawled onto the now freshly watered grass and rolled around. By 10am, we were into a complete clothes change for everyone. By 4pm, Percy has gone through four pairs of pants (don't ask!) and Cutie, three. And to think, I thought I really didn't need to do laundry today!

No comments: