Finally settled?
So are we happy to be here? Princess and Thor have discovered several reasons that our new house is really cool. Princess thinks it's fun to have a bedroom
Rockets and ballerinas - who says girls and boys are alike?!
with their own bathroom. Hubby and I think the same thing about our room - and it would be even better if we could get the hot water to work! Still, we're grateful that at least we can have hot showers in the kid's room. Beats the bucket baths we did the first week we were in South Asia. Princess and Thor found them pretty fun all around.
A fun novelty for the kids - the bucket bath. And since water is already everywhere no one even fusses when you splash over the sides.
EVERYONE thinks the ice cream bike that rides around our neighborhood is pretty cool. Every afternoon we can hear him coming and the kids are getting be like Pavlov's dog. You know, the one who drooled whenever he heard the bells. That's us, too. Princess and Thor have developed a great affection for ice cream cones conveniently delivered to your doorstep.
Thor and Princess are a bit depressed that we now have our own car. (Hubby and I do not share the same opinion).
The reason for this depression is that having our own car means we don't get to take all those lovely rickshaw rides. Thor and Princess' new version of Old McDonald's farm features all sorts of new 'animals'. Rickshaws, moterbikes and busses feature prominently.
No more frequent rickshaw rides - sigh!
I am happy that we finally have enough cutlery to sit down to a meal without washing between courses. We also have a knife - other than hubby's pocket knife. Which has admittedly come in really handy. We even discovered a use for our suitcase that committed suicide on the way over here. It's serving as spare parts for Thor's little plastic train.
Mommy rectifies the cutlery situation. Shopping is a bit different here.
3 comments:
Lilli Pilli here.....
Oh ! I really really love the photos, your home looks so modern, and there's a greeen plant/schrub growing in the front yard! HOORAY! I had imagined everything grey/brown with nothing growing.
Loved all the other photos too! I'm sidling with Thor and Princess about the rickshaw though...that looks like a great way to travel. Mind you, I'm not pregnant, I imagine it must be difficult getting in and out again from the rickshaws.
WOO HOO....you're on such an adventure! Take care!
Love from all of us.
Nice to see you up and running again. Great pics. Looks like a good house. Does the bij work?
Thanks for the pics. It really helps all of us "see" the things you write about. Give the cuties a BIG hug. We miss y'all.
Pawpaw
Post a Comment