After we spent time in Montana, we moved on to Minnesota. Thor and Princess learned all about tatoos before we managed to make it back to Texas. Want to join us on our next trip? We also took the kids bowling for the first time. Have you ever tried bowling overhand? Princess can show you. It's not as bad as it sounds - I only narrowly beat her! Thor spent the session inspecting the mechanisms of the ball return machine.
Hmm. I think I can build one of these at our new house.
Our time at Granny and Pawpaws has also been really good for baking: 3 cakes, 3 pans of brownies, 2 batches of cinnamon roles (or from Thor - cimamamom rolls).Cooking 101
The best part of baking, of course, is licking out the bowl. After helping great-grandma make brownies, Princess issued the following caution: 'Greatgrandma, make sure you watch them very closely. If they bake too long, they won't taste good.' And so one year of 'cooking' experience instructs 80.
And the kids have discovered the wonder of ice cream sandwiches. For the Aussies in the group, these are bricks of ice cream squished between two soft, chocolate cookie like pieces. Today, Princess didn't want to have afternoon tea with the rest of us. She wanted to wait for Pawpaw to come back. 'I really like ice cream sandwiches'. Apparently Pawpaw offers better afternoon tea than we do!
All this travelling, of course, wears some members of the family out. By virtue of being the youngest, you'd think Thor would get tired first, but no way! Our little guy has energy to burn. His sister, is another story.
Mommy's energy matches Princess'
While Thor and Daddy carry on
4 comments:
In all the years I've known him, I don't think 'Daddy' of this post has ever stopped!
Can't believe how grown up the children look in only two months!
I agree. The gorgeous kiddos have really grown!
So you are running low on energy. poor little sausage.
I bet you were happy to get some cinnamon rolls into you. Yummy!
Hi Peter and Sonia + kids,
Was happy to find a link to your site on Cecily's.
What are you up to in the U.S.? (Besides teaching children about guns and tattoos - have you signed Princess up for the NRA yet?)
Boy # 2, Cas, was born here in June. We are now juggling 2 kids, 2 careers, church, family and friends. I sometimes wonder what on earth I did all day as a student before kids and work came along...
Annelies
Lilli P here....Oh i loved the cooking lessons...how gorgeous! Glad you are all having a great time...all the best for the next leg of the adventure.xxxx
Post a Comment