Thor is living up to his name. Today he clunked one of his friends over the head with a metal truck and then sat on him. I told hubby I was worried about the effects of nick-naming him Thor. Just think what might have happened if this was his actual name. (mental scene: Thor standing with his little foot squarely in the middle of some poor kid's chest, nailing him to the ground!)

Daddy's little Thor
This weekend, hubby decided that we needed a break from the daily grind of classes, reading and daycare so the entire family hopped on their bikes and rode about 3km to a FORMULA ONE 'party'. Now I'm no racing fan, but I thought the kids might enjoy seeing the cars and hubby was certainly keen.
When we got there, a parade of Ferrari's was processing down the street with crowds gathered to watch. Now I noticed a few things as I watched this procession:
1. Princess and Thor were more interested in the shops and doggies than the cars
2. Why do Ferrari's have to be red?
3. We were going faster on our bikes than the people in the cars.
Now really, what was the point of that?!
I don't like to be discouraging so after making a comment about the color of the cars (isn't that all we're supposed to know about cars, girls?), we headed to the park for a close-up look. Hubby was excited about the upcoming attraction - the Ferrari Formula One car. The car was closely shrouded like some Saudi Princess on her wedding day and only the 'initiated' could see her. The speakers blared and the voice announced, 'in ten minutes, we'll start the engine.' Not drive the car, not give everyone a look, but they'll START THE ENGINE.

It's not red so it can't be a Ferrari, right?!
We waited. And waited some more. Nothing happened. Could it be the great Ferrari had *gasp, shocked dismay here* engine trouble. The crowd waited with baited breath. Then the cameraman moved into position. The time was right. And then a crack of thunder and the heavens opened.
So as the crowds scattered for cover, the Ferrari people finally got the engine revved and I have to say - the motorcycle zipping along a block away was louder than that engine. After giving us a minute to admire the beautiful sounds and observe the nuances of formula one engines, they silenced her forever (or just until four hours later when they repeated the entire process).
I hate to be a party pooper, but at least we got a good bike ride out of it!
6 comments:
Hubby here:
I'm impressed Wifey can spell 'Ferrari' and remember it long enough to write about. Her comment as we rode along was that 'there seem to be alot of red cars around'. I guess those generalisations are true. Her next comment was something about world poverty and wastes of money but I was trying not to let it ruin the dream that my bike handlebars had become a ferrari steering wheel.....but I dream on.
this is a test comment
Why are Ferraris red?
Red cars go faster.
Show me a procession of hydrogen-fuelled cars and I'd consider riding 3km on a bike to see them!
Doggies and shops are heaps more interesting for most people!
Hahaha!
No one could have described it better! I was right there, girlfriend!
Lilli P here....
doesn't anyone else like the smell of hi octane fuel???
Must admit though...it sounds as though the Ferrari display was a bit of a flop, why didn't a celebrity get to drive it?
CAn't believe you are letting princess eat donuts! This from the woman who never let a bikky past her daughters lips in creche!!!
Princess is my kind of girl. We must have the same donut genes.
Princess #2 (that thinks Princess #1 is soooooo cute)
Post a Comment