My friend Lilli P just left a message on my last blog about my change of parenting technique from one child to the next. Oh no, I've been caught. My poor little Princess with her newly minted parents. Imagine what will happen if we have another kid! They'll probably be eating candy before they get teeth!
Making up for lost timeSo before I wax eloquent further, I thought I'd record the Princess and Thor current achievements. Or in plain English I'll write down what they're up to these days so I don't forget a few years from now.
Thor is really starting to talk. He now has short conversations and recently he started finishing the sentences in our most frequently read books. He can point to all sorts of things when we name them, but he can't tell us 'what' something is yet. He is making himself understood these days - if not to us, then at least to his sister. Yesterday poor little Thor was running around the house with Princess and he came to me desperately saying 'che tof' over and over again. I couldn't make it out until Princess came in and said, 'he wants his nappy off'. Well, there you go. She was right.

I'd rather be naked
You can imagine that things are always tranquil and happy here in our abode, but sibling rivalry has reared it's ugly head.
Getting even?
Princess: now Thor, don't push me.Thor: big grin as he moves in for the kill
Princess: Noooooooooooo Thor, I said don't push me.
I'm afraid the little guy isn't going to be one of those eager to please younger brothers - condemned forever to being dressed up in girl's clothes to play his part in some made up reflection of adult life. No, Thor is more likely to turn Princess' 'hospital' into a scene of carnage.

Mommy do you think Thor will want to play?
Well, that's all the reflections for the night. Hubby and I are off to have some 'couple time'. Good night.
4 comments:
Those are two REALLY cute kids. Pawpaw
Yeah for couple time!
It was great hearing an update about the kids. They are so very cute, btw.
Thor is doing well with talking. Topsy knows lots of words but lots of people are surprised at how little he says that is able to be understood. So I have him on a waiting list for a hearing test!!!
You sound happy. Do you feel settled in? Probably you'll just get into the rhythm and it'll be time to go.
Oh and do bring any Annd of Green Gables when you pass through! We'd love to chck it out.
Lilli P here....
what great photo's we really loved seeing how much the kids have grown again....aren't they they cutest!!
Oh, we're about the only ones who can understand Thor most days. We do think they're awful cute, but we're the parents. We're supposed to, right!
Post a Comment