Saturday, November 11, 2006

Du'oh

Princess went to her first non-family birthday party today. Thor, by virtue of having an older sister, got to come too. We left Daddy at home to study - much to his chagrin. Unfortunately, I am not the most organized of mothers so I have no pictures of them playing on this indoor gym that resembles a supersized Maccas playground.

And last night, I forgot the camera again when we took our youth group into the city for a picnic and wander around. Princess has been part of a youth group since she was about two weeks old so it was just her thing when we decided she and Thor could go with us. She attached herself to two of the girls (you know, sort of like teenagers are prone to do) and had a great time. She even managed to get herself pictured in the 'girly' shots taken with mobile phone cameras. Thor didn't fall in the water and found out that chocolate chip cookies are really quite good - no mommy wasn't lying. And he got to ride a train. Score!!!

We got home around ten at which point hubby turned to me and said optimistically, "you think they might sleep in 'til 8?" Ha!! Thor managed to 'sleep in' until 6:20, but Cutie did make it to 8:30. That's okay. Thor and mommy had special baby bonding time.

And because I have no photos to commemorate the last two days, I leave you with this cute (okay, maybe I'm a BIT biased) photo of Thor and Princess singing 'Open, Shut Them'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lilli P here....
Very very cute photo of the little ones! Glad to hear youth group went well....sounded like a LOT of fun. You go girl!

Robyn said...

Thats an adorable photo! Don't you wish kids came with a remote control and you could pause them until you had caught up on your sleep?!