Princess the princessThor, on the other hand, just hangs out to chase the poor dog around the house trying to "love" him. Thor knows the word "gentle", but the boy in him insists on aggressive love. One day the dog will learn, but for now he's too busy hanging out for the food Thor drops.
doggy disinterest finally takes hold
How is it that a kid who hates any food that doesn't look familiar always seems to know when I'm presenting him with junk food and not veggies. He has no qualms about trying the smarties, but he won't touch a red bell pepper (capsicum). How does he know which one will be all sugary and gooey and which one's actually good for you? Still, he gives every appearance of preparing for a career in dentistry. Maybe he figures the only way he'll get to inspect a real dentist's office is if he comes up with some pathology. Good luck Thor.
A dentist in the making - oh, wait, where's the drill? Recently Thor has developed a habit of drawing on his high chair tray with random bits of 'goo' that happen to drop there. Watching this newly developed interest, I figured it was time for him to join Princess and I as we prepare artwork for various special occassions. Now I'm not stupid. Before the latest expedition, Thor and Princess stripped down to nappies and we all went outside. Mistake number 1 - Mommy should have worn her oldest, grubbiest clothes. But I know how to be neat, right?
So out we trekked. I carefully placed Thor on the ground with a blank sheet of paper next to him. I opened a pot of paint and placed a glob on his paper tantalizingly close to his fingers. Did he keenly begin to smear it around? No. Mistake number 2 - apparently this interest in smearing is easily superceded by things like, say, Daddy watering the grass.

Daddy happily distracting our artistic efforts
Not to be thwarted, I demonstrated fingerpaints. Now he's got it. But did he smear it around. Well, once for good measure and then he needed some time with mommy to recharge his emotional batteries. Egad. Does this stuff wash?
Like this, Thor. Just smear it all around.
And through it all, Princess painted away. She is a dedicated artist and connoisseur of all things messy. Thanks to her, we have respectable artwork to send on to appreciative family members - grandparents being number one on the list. And when all was said and done daddy was still watering the grass. What better opportunity for cleaning up.
3 comments:
LilliP here.....what a GREAT photo of Thor peering into you mouth! HE really looks so very interested!!!
I loved the party games....I'm sure Princess wuld have had great fun with dress ups and theres nothing like having an older child direct the play....I still enjoy it when my sister says "right today we're doing this or that"!!
And on the painting, no sometimes it doesn't come out of your clothes! And wearing an old shirt of Daddies over your clothes doesn't work so well either because I found it would still soak through the shirt onto your clothes still......
Daddy here,
Why is it always Daddy's shirts that are chosen for the ucky jobs? Mommy has a good supply of her own!
What fun! You are so brave taking on painting with two littlies! Bravo!
Playing with cousins is unbeatable fun, i reckon.
Post a Comment