Wednesday, September 24, 2008

modern technology

With the help of modern technology - a pint size pair of headphones, ipod speakers and a portable DVD player - we made it home in slightly over 30 hours.
that glazed, jet-lagged look
Sweetpea obliged her mommy by NOT learning to crawl when we were in America. She threatened to for the last two weeks of the trip, but she took one look at mommy's dismayed face and decided to hold off for a few weeks.

I may not crawl, but I still need my seatbelt to keep me in my seat

Once we got over the worst of jet-lag, Princess and Thor began their school careers. They now wear a lovely uniform of washed out orange and baby blue. Suffice it to say color combinations in South Asia are not what we're used to. Fortunately, there is a skirt so Princess is satisfied. Nothing much satisfies Thor right now except going to the school library to look at airplane books.

Sweetpea's taking it all in stride. Today she finally figured out how to move her leg forward instead of just pushing herself backwards across the room. And mommy enters a whole new phase of busyness.

Riding the ferry in Galveston before Hurricane Ike

2 comments:

Cecily said...

Welcome back! Hope things go well for you. Enjoy having Mum there.
Does princess have enough clothes? I'm guessing yes, but I have a few little cutie dresses I'll send over if you think she'll like them.

Peter and Rebecca said...

Hey!
Would LOVE to see you guys but I'm in between Bangladesh and the Burma side of India.. :-(