Thursday, August 14, 2008

time with the grandparents

Spending time with grandparents proves one theory - you CAN spoil a 6 month old! Of course, there was never any doubt that the older ones could be spoiled.

What?! Me spoiled?

Thor's favorite post-meal comment these days - "can I have an ice cream san'wich?" Thor, being a man of habit, insists that the entire wrapper be removed ("I want to get my fingers dirty, mommy"), we place it on his plate (along with left-over spaghetti sauce, etc.), and leave him to it. Princess enjoys a bit of variety in her spoilage. Sometimes it's popsicles, sometimes cookies, sometimes ice cream.

Baking cookies with granny

And mommy, is she spoiled? Well, maybe just a little bit - only a little, you understand.

I have just been summarily dismissed by Princess who tells me Mary Poppins is definitely NOT an adult movie. I have retired to the corner of the room so I can make sure Thor's 'love' doesn't permanently harm Sweetpea.

Yesterday we went to a children's museum.

A guy can never have too many trains!

Thor loves nothing more than watching the electric trains and playing with the wooden ones. I have to do some pretty smart talking to get him to try out anything else. Sweetpea has heard a lot about cowgirls. Maybe this is a career move?

They start 'em young in Texas

There's lots of other fun things to do, too. Some people think we've left South Asia to get away from the heat, but really, if I'm going to get away from the heat it won't be in Texas! So while we've been here, we've been swimming in the paddling pool, the pool with the slide, the camp pool, and Mrs. G's pool.

Keeping cool is the same in ANY country

If we're lucky, we can explore more pools during the next few weeks. And of course, there's parks with slides and swings and all sorts of other lovely things. Coming home may be disappointing if we don't at least go for a rickshaw ride at least once a day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww they're cute. Sweet pea is growing up so fast. Nothing like distance to make babies accelerate.
Come back soon.
Hubby

michelle said...

sounds like you guys are having a blast. Icecream sanwich smudged with spag bol?......*gag*
Hope it has been a very restful time! :)