Tuesday, July 29, 2008

a few of my favorite things

When we lived in Australia ham and cheese sandwiches were a favorite with the kids. Apparently our 9 months in South Asia (where ham is a rare commodity) have erased this memory from their minds.

During our holiday in America, I have served this to them several times and they still enjoy it. I realized how out of touch we are though, when Princess requested a 'hammered cheese' sandwich. Anyone know what that looks like?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A hammered cheese sandwich is what I ate most days at school. Being carted around in a school bag often gave my sandwiches the 'hammered look'.

Does princess also like drilled cheese sandwiches?

overthere said...

LOL. Yes, she likes 'drilled cheese'.

michelle said...

What a time you all had on the plane. Reading between the lines, there were some frustrating times....
Funny how kids get the English language a little skewed. Whenever we used to drive past houses with a big To Let lign out front, I was always boggled that people would:
1. Advertise the fact that they had a lavatory to the whole world and
2. That the 'I' had fallen out of every single sign!