Tuesday, May 13, 2008

back to work

Daddy went back to work today.
Now Daddy, if you don't know what to do just babble and look cute. Works every time.

Not to imply that he hasn't been working, but for the first time in four years, he is working at an office again. Thor doesn't know what it's like to have his Daddy away every day. I think he misses him although he may have ulterior motives. Every time mommy says no, Thor asks, "Go ask Daddy?". And when he's in trouble, he inevitably wants a cuddle with Daddy.

On my first day as a solo mother of three, I was smart enough to book an interview with the school we would like to send the children to next year. And a language lesson, and . . . Well, you get the picture. We actually made it to the interview on time!
I said we made it on time, but I didn't say how we looked when we got there!

Fortunately, Sweetpea slept through the entire thing only waking at the end to smile enchantingly at all and sundry.

Princess was unimpressed that daddy 'forgot' to pack her swimsuit for school today. See how nice it's been having a work out of the home daddy. They get blamed for all sorts of things. I just couldn't quite get Princess to understand that this was an interview and we didn't plan on the teacher inviting her to their swim lesson. :( I think the highlight for Thor and Princess was seeing the pool and hearing they will get to swim every day!

I assuaged my guilt and their need for cool by plunking us all in the pool after naps this afternoon. To beat the heat, I routinely go in the water with my clothes on and then 'drip dry' around the house for the next hour. I recommend this method to all who desire a cooler climate but are thwarted by 45/110 (pick your scale) degree weather.

She says she just has to get in to hold Sweatpea in the pool, but WE know the truth!

No comments: