Thursday, February 28, 2008

she's baaaaaaaaaack

And it's about time, too. Thanks to hubby for guest blogging our newest angel's arrival. I was a bit pre-occupied at the time.

Princess and Thor are still enthralled with their new sister. For princess this sometimes means tears if she can't hold Sweet Pea before she heads off to school. Thor is more direct. If he wants Sweet Pea's attention, he just plays a rather rough game of 'round and round the garden' with her. For those who don't know, this little rhyme ends with tickling helpless toddlers (or helpless babies, in this case). Thor does love his little sister. He even wants to share some of his precious toys with her (see below).

"You'll really enjoy my new truck more if I drive it on your face" - Thor


We are still discovering Sweet Pea's personality, but for right now I'd say this: she's more laid back than Thor or Princess, she does know how to communicate any urgent needs, and she is awfully patient with all the toddler love she's been receiving. I'm absolutely positive that there are times she implores me with her eyes to just release her from the patting, touching, and holding her siblings shower upon her.

So laid back she falls asleep in her bath

One part of having a new baby in this country is that we (or shall I say hubby) is expected to make visits to neighbors, friends, work, etc. - all with gifts of 'happiness sweets'. It hasn't taken Princess and Thor long to figure out how this works. Why wait for a dinner of veggies and good for you stuff when you can satisfy yourself with local treats made primarily of sugar and fat?!

Hey, where are my happiness sweets?!


Life for our family proceeds at a brisk pace. Sweet Pea is a happy little thing, but like all babies, she isn't the most patient thing in the world. We were planning to cancel our cable TV (yes, here we are in a third world country and for the first time in our married life we have cable!), but I have discovered a passion for the history channel - usually at 3am!

I have every intention of blogging on a more regular basis now, but babies have a way of wrecking the best of intentions. So see you . . . sooner or later.

2 comments:

michelle said...

Yay! You are back!
Sweetpea is absolutely adorable. I can practically smell her sweetness from here.
Glad to hear how Thor and Princess are getting along with her.
How funny about the cable! You need some kind of sanity saver for the late night feeds.
I found that with Flynn, I coped a lot less. In fact I would go to sleep at 7:30 with the kids, in order to get my sleep quota in or at least feel like I had got some hours of sleeping before the late feed.
Oh and thanks for the tip about the reps. I will cut back to half an hour on the treadmill, then the weights.
take care. Oh by the way, our email is anmitaylor@bigpond.com . Please email us your postal details and list any things you are missing from Oz. We want to send a little care package!

Anonymous said...

Lily here....oh those photos are so beautiful...those eyes!!She reminds me of Princess when she was little.I'm glad she is relaxed for you, you need that right now with all the changes you are going through.
And I think the bath photo should bein a photo competiiton, it's great!
And yes, we love having you back~ fit us in when you can. xx