Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Proudly Announcing the Arrival of Sweet Pea (now with pics)

We hereby proudly announce that Sweet Pea was born this afternoon at around 1:00pm local time.

This is a quick blog done by hubby at 11:00pm to get the pictures up and thereby keep all the relatives happy(ish). Something more literarily (?) significant will hopefully follow at a later date.

It has been a busy day. Mom decided it was hospital day just after I dropped Princess off at school, so back we went to pick her up, then take the kids to a friends house, then pack for the hosp then go. By the time we left contractions were coming thick and fast.

We arrived at the hosp around 11:00am and had the baby by 1:00pm. Then Mom recuperated in the afternoon and checked out of the hospital by 8:00pm.

Vital stats (why everyone wants to know this is still beyond me, but here you go)
Name: as yet undecided, email us later.
Weight: 4 kg exactly or around 8 3/4 pounds.
Length: 54 cm. (inches will have to follow later. Divide by 2.54 if you can't wait)
Head circumference: I forget, but bigger than is comfortable.
Eyes: steel blue. expected to brown out later as per usual.
Cuteness factor (scale 1-10): 20 (of course)
Mood: seemingly fairly placid for now (I hope that continues!)

We are both doing well now, but very tired and dreading tommorrow. This has not been helped by Princess throwing up tonight and Thor having a bad cough and crying alot. I hope this doesn't go on all night!

Ok, now the part you all wanted (and probably scrolled down to) some pictures:

Note: (an hour later). The pics won't upload. Sorry I will try again tommorrow.
This week an Egyptian fishing boat threw out an anchor and snagged a large coms cable which serves this part of the world, so the internet is slow and intermittant. I never thought an Egyptian fisherman could cause me (and you) so much frustration!

- Next morning: we thwarted the Egyptians! Enjoy the pictures. Baby and mom slept ok last night.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME to the world sweet pea.....we are so glad that you arrived safely and soundly and now wish you all the best.......so glad to hear that mommy is doing well too....she's a WARRIOR !!
DO hope little brother and sister get better quick, so they can enjoy making sure their little sister has 10 finger and 10 toes!
Well done to Hubby too, whom I'm sure was a HUGE tower of strength (as usual!)
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
love and kisses, Lilli

The Funny Farm said...

Congratulations. Another little girl. How very sweet. (funny about the Egyptian fisherman). love from the Williams in Kootingal. Hope you are all feeling much better today.

Anonymous said...

Pawpaw thinks the new little girl is the cutest baby around. She fits in well with the cutest 4 year old sister and the most handsome 2 year old brother in the world. We are very thankful that both mother and baby are doing well.
Pawpaw

Cecily said...

Very gorgeous. Well done Sonia! And I'm sure you were quite useful too Pete. Hopefully all will sleep and settle in well! Can't wait to hear her name.

Robyn said...

Awwwwww, she is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations Sonia and Peter!! I hope that she continues to be a settled baby, and that the older two adapt quickly to their new sister. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!!!
Just thought I'd check the blog on the off chance of some eventful tidings, and there you are!!
Will excitedly now get on the phone and circulate the glad tidings to the Gunnedah branch of the family.....
Congratulations on the addition of a very sweet new member to your family, and a BIG welcome to her...
(Must get a bijillion episodes of Play school on the way to you for entertaining restless siblings at feeding time!)
Lotsa love from all the Parsons

michelle said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous and more gorgeous. So thankful that Sweetpea came out safely into her parents' arms!
Why were you dreading the next day?
Lots and love and hugs going out to you all.
Please email us your postal details!

Kris said...

Congratulations! (Sorry it's so delayed...)

I hope you are all settling well into family life again. :)