Hubby here, in my first guest entry to the blog. Wifey would love to do this but she is feeling lousy. Poor thing, she has hardly been out of bed for more than a couple of hours each day for the last 5 weeks. It leaves Super DAD to keep running the house and hold the place together as well as attend all the speaking engagements we are currently committed to. phew!
I must confess that at the moment I share parenting time with the Wiggles, who are just lovely, though their songs stick in my head like glue and even keep me awake at night. Earplugs are no good against this din since the noise is all from the inside.
A few bloggable moments to share:
While passing a cemetary in the car recently, Princess remarked "That's heaven. That's where Jesus and Nanna lived".......
I suppose the last time she saw Nanna was at her burial and we said she had gone to live with Jesus in heaven..... There is some explaining that I just don't know how I'm going to approach.
Thor continues on well, still has a very short favourite word which rhymes with 'GO'. He also dislikes any non-professional singing. If I so much as hum a tune he pipes out "Nooooo, no singing". hmmmm, the critics are tough on Super DAD.
So apologies for the lack of posting. We hope Wifey will feel better in a couple of weeks and get back to her old blogging ways. I can't wait (niether can Thor or Princess).!
Picture Caption: Princess and Thor in their housecoats at Grandparent's place checking the email.
7 comments:
You're doing all that and still found time to blog? Good job! You must have some fun songs in your head right now.
Sounds as if Dad is taking care of a lot of things around the house. He is fabulous. The kids are real cuties. No, I am not biased----they really are cute.
Lilli pilli here....
You really are super dad ! When I was visiting there the other day...well i was amazed at how much you've put into this new role
and how much your two little cuties are getting out of Super dad! This is a special time for you dad , that won't come again as you will be so busy emersed in your new work roles and language and everything else that goes with your new country.....so enjoy this precious time with your little ones....and we really really hope ( for her sake!)mum is better SOON !)
Go Super Dad! We are praying that Super Sick Mommy loses her middle name soon!
I had to laugh about your failure as a singer. You put it so well!
Go bro.
Hey Super Dad! :) Glad you're able to take care of things while your lovely wife is unwell. I hope she improves quickly - not fun to feel so blah.
Way to go super DAD! I have a new appreciation for how much a parent does!! And I only have one at this stage.
You must certainly think you're super human to have two and another one on the way!
Post a Comment