Saturday, October 21, 2006

Announcing . . .

Triplets: Last weekend we had a visit from friends who have two boys Thor’s age. After much discussion and some furniture adjustments, we managed to squeeze all four children into one room – cots and all.
And even room to walk around - an engineering marvel
The theory is that we adults will sleep better if we don’t have kids in our rooms. Thor – taking pleasure in proving his mom wrong yet again – managed to wake himself and baby T at 5am. I scurried down the hall at the first hint of sound, but even my rapid removal techniques failed to delay the start to the day.

We had a great time with our friends. Princess’ pandemonium struck again when hubby and I volunteered to "babysit" one evening while our friends went out. We’re still not sure if there was more water on the floor, in the bath rug, or in the tub after baths were over. You know how the bedtime experts recommend a quiet activity to "prepare" the kids for bed? Well, our "quiet activity" was a raucous game of chase involving four naked kids, one carpeted hallway, and lots of squealing. Hubby and I aren’t into "danger chase" though so we snagged each boy as quickly as possible for nappy placement. As we dropped onto the couch to listen to quiet little snores from the bedroom, I was satisfied to see it was still before 8pm! How’s that for a goal?

This weekend was grandpa’s 60th birthday party. Princess went shopping with Grandma for the party and then nothing would do but we have another party for grandpa at our house on Sunday.

The ulterior motive for grandpa's party becomes apparent

I figured she’d want candles on the cake, but we had to have balloons, too. I’ve now found a new decorating style – balloon art. Easily portable, adapts to changing colour scheme, inexpensive, replaceable. It’s got it all!

Chocolate cake is one thing, but you think I'm gonna try that???!! No way. Looks too much like vegemite!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm in awe - excited kids in bed and sleeping by 8pm is pretty impressive! :)

michelle said...

We did that desperate run into Topsy's bedroom to keep everyone else from waking up, a couple of times on our holiday too!

Balloon art, huh! Good stuff. I am off to do some catchup reading!